Every business wants to convert visitors to customers. Though there are many factors that determine this conversion, key among those is the design and ease of use of the landing page of the website. In this article, we take a look at the ingredients that go into the making of the ‘perfect’ landing page and how one goes about achieving it.
1. Page headlines and Ad Copy
• The landing page headline and advertisement copy should complement each other
• Your Adwords score allows the site to discover the cost-per-click. This score can be improved by having consistent content between the ad message and landing page text.
2. Clear and Concise Headlines
• Being one of the first things the visitor will read, the landing page headlines should not confuse or bore, but compel a visitor to take a closer look.
• Addressing a specific point that is related to the content of a website will catch a reader’s attention more than having a vague and uninteresting headline.
3. Taking Advantage of Trust Indicators
• For an effective way of building trust, incorporate testimonials, press mentions, guarantee seals, and third party trust and security certification
4. Proper Grammar
• In the example of an online reader who is asking the visitor to purchase and provide personal and billing information, the trust of the customer will be risked if there are spelling errors and sloppy grammar.
5. Using a Strong Call to Action
• After a visitor reads the landing page headline, it is crucial that they know what to do next.
• In the case of Mozilla Firefox, when they changed their call-to-action from ‘Try Firefox 3’ to ‘Download now-Free’, it outperformed the original call-to-action by 3.6% and had a confidence level of over 99%.
6. Use Images and Videos That Connect
• Implementing motivational speeches, videos of user testimonials, and product images into a home page can have a positive impact on viewers, as well as give shoppers an extra push to look further into a product.
7. Buttons and Call to Actions Must Stand Out
• Identify the keywords people interested in your service might be searching for and use words such as ‘free’, ‘new’, ‘buy’ or ‘download now’.
• The conversion button should stand out and be placed right below a call-to-action. The button should be big, bright, and above where a user would have to scroll to it.
To create the ideal landing page, you’ll have to get the services of an expert web design and development company, one that combines expertise with experience. If you’re looking for that, you’ve got it at Openwave!